The mission of our Library and Learning Resource Center is to provide the support for all aspects of teaching and learning at the American Academy of Art. This will be accomplished by combining current instructional techniques, a qualified, professional librarian, and appropriate library resources for all students and faculty.
Here you will find information about Art 101 courses, valuable online resources, and vocabulary list.
The Library is an extension of the classroom to ensure access to current ideas, information, and publications.
Art History Courses Materials
- About Art Resources
- Course Art History- First Critique Assignment
- Art History – Take-Home Exam Questions
- Art History-Third Critique Assignment
- Art History —Second Critique Assignment
- Vocabulary List—Critical and Prehistoric terms
- Vocabulary List—Egypt and Mesopotamia
- Vocabulary List—Etruscans and Ancient Rome
- Vocabulary List—Byzantine and Early Christian Art
Art History Resources
- Label Conscious
- Think Twice Before Buying
- Art School Scholarships
- American Academy of Art Irving Shapiro Library
- Supercomputers at the Natural History Museum
- Complete List of Chicago Area Museums
- Art History-Final Critique Assignment
- Art history resources
- Visual Culture Resources
- Vocabulary—Medieval and Romanesque Art